Colleges Of Education Open Admission [Apply Here]
Ghana Colleges of Education have open admission to receive applications from qualified persons to pursue any course of their choice.
The admission information for 2022/2023 academic year has been released on April 25, 2022 to enable citizens and non-citizens who wished to be trained as teachers.
Below are the details of the Admission Requirements for applicants to take note of before applying for Colleges of Education, Ghana. Applicants are expected to select three (3) Colleges in one application when filling the online form.
WASSCE/SSCE QUALIFICATION APPLICANTS:
The general requirement for the Colleges of Education, Ghana admission into the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) programme is as follows:
A. WASSCE HOLDERS
CREDIT PASSES (A1-C6) in six (6) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects, including English Language and Core Mathematics, and three (3) elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
B. SSCE HOLDERS:
PASSES (A-D) in six (6) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects, including English Language and Core Mathematics, and three (3) elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
Note: Candidates who are yet to write either the 2022 WASSCE or NABPTEX examinations can also apply.
C. GENERAL CERTIFICATE OF EDUCATION (GCE) Advance Level Applicants:
GCE applicants must have passes in three subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better), have credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary level subjects including English Language, Mathematics, and Science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subject (for science students).
D. ADVANCE BUSINESS CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION (ABCE) Applicants:
ABCE applicants must have passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Have credit passes in five (5) subjects, including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science, or Social Studies in the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE).
E. TECHNICAL VOCATIONAL EDUCATION & TRAINING (TVET) Applicants:
Technical and vocational education training applicant must possess certificate II in three (3) relevant trade areas awarded by TEU, NVTI, City and Guilds, and other authorised awarding bodies in addition to NABPTEX Certificate II in lieu of passes in English and Mathematics.
Have NABPTEX certificate II in relevant trade areas in addition to three (3) credit passes in WASSCE/SSSCE core subjects, including English and Mathematics.
Possess a National Certificate II qualification in Competency Based Training (CBT) in a relevant trade area awarded by TEU on the National TVET Qualification Framework (NTVETQF).
QUALIFICATION FOR FOREIGN APPLICANTS:
All foreign qualifications should be referred to the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC) for the determination of equivalences and eligibility for admission to Teacher Education Institution in Ghana.
It should be noted that the American SAT, TOEFL, etc. cannot in themselves be accepted as entry qualifications into Ghanaian tertiary educational institutions.
BACHELOR OF EDUCATION PROGRAMMES ON OFFER:
1. B.Ed. Early Grade Education
2. B.Ed. Primary Education
3. B.Ed. JHS Education
ENTRY & ADMISSION REQUIREMENT FOR SPECIAL NEEDS APPLICANTS
A. For The Visually Impaired:
Study facilities are available at:-
1. N.J. Ahmadiyya, College of Education, WA.
2. Weseley College of Education, KUMASI.
3. Presbyterian College of Education, Akropong.
1. Applicants with WASSCE results should have Credit Passes (A1-A6) in two (2) Core subjects including English Language and Social Studies and three (3) relevant elective subjects.
2. Applicants with SSSCE results should have passes (A-D) in two (2) core subjects including English Language and Social Studies and three (3) relevant Elective subjects.
B. For The Hearing Impaired:-
Study facilities are available at:
1. Presbyterian College of Education, Akropong.
1. Applicants with WASSCE results should have Credit Passes (A1-A6) in three (3) Core subjects including English Language and Mathematics and three (3) relevant elective subjects.
2. Applicants with SSSCE results should have passes (A-D) in three (3) core subjects including English Language and Mathematics and three (3) relevant Elective subjects.
ONLINE APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR COLLEGES OF EDUCATION ADMISSION
Online Application Procedure:
1. Applicants will first make payment of Two hundred Ghana Cedis (GHC200.00) into the Colleges of Education – Ghana Account at any branch of the following bank nationwide:
1. Consolidated Bank Ghana Limited
2. Payment can be made through Mobile Money wallet: Vodafone Cash, AirtelTigo Money and MTN Mobile Money by dialling the shortcode *924*8# from all networks.
Upon payment, applicants will be given the following information:
1. Personal Identification Number (PIN).
2. An admission Application Serial Number.
3. The admission Website Address- admission.coeportal.edu.gh
i. With this PIN, applicants will then visit the Colleges of Education admission website: admission.coeportal.edu.gh and follow specific guidelines to fill the online application form.
ii. Applicant should select three Colleges of their choice for their program and an accompanying Ghanaian Language.
iii. Applicants are advised to read and to ensure they fully understand all related instructions before completing the application form.
iv. Applicants are to note that application forms not properly completed will not be processed.
v. After completing the online application form, an applicant will need to print a copy which should be sent with one passport photograph and copy/copies of their results slip(s) (where available) by EMS priority envelope obtainable from Ghana Post nationwide and addressed to The Principal of the applicant’s first College of choice.
vi. Applicants will be notified of the receipt of their application by SMS (text message) and should therefore provide correct and reliable cell phone numbers when completing the form online.
vii. Applicants will also receive admission offer notifications by SMS and those who do not receive such notifications may understand it to mean that their applications were not successful.
viii. Applicant are to note that Colleges will cross-check their results from the West African Examination Council as part of the admission process. Applicants found to have submitted fake or falsified documents in support of their applications will be made to face the legal consequences of their actions.
APPLICATION PERIOD/ DEADLINE
The deadline for Application for Admission to Colleges of Education ends on Monday, 31st October, 2022.