JUST IN: Measures Employed To Reduce Congestions At Sim Registration Centres – NCA
The National Communication Authority (NCA) has taken measures to reduce congestions at the sim card re-registration centres.
In a statement released, the National communication Authority met with the Network Operators to find ways to reduce congestion at the registration centres across the country.
The statement conveys that the NCA understands the frustration and inconvenience of customers in their bid to complete the second stage of the SIM Card registration process.
“As a result, the NCA has been working assiduously with Mobile Network Operators (MNO) and SIM Card registration application developers to improve the registration process and mitigate the current challenges”.
The measures taken as stated in the release are:
1. The deployment of additional registration points commensurate with the subscriber numbers of each MNOs to ease the congestion. In this regard, outlets such as distributor shops, retail centres and other agent touch points across the country are being used for the SIM registration exercise. Customers are urged to patronize these other outlets as they become available to complete the second stage of the registration process.
2. The deployment of various ad-hoc registration points at various public areas including lorry parks, churches, mosques, etc. To ease the congestion at the customer care centres. Announcement will be made in communities wherever such ad-hoc registration points are established.
3. The creation of additional temporary locations at various Government or State Owned Enterprise facilities including.:
- NCA Regional Offices
- Community ICT Centres established by the Ghana Investment Fund for Electronic Communications (GIFEC)
- Post Offices, etc.
4. The development and implementation of a daily quota and ticketing system for SIM registration bio capture at the customer care centres. MNOs will develop systems to schedule customers who have completed the first phase, to visit particular centres by a given date or window for the second phase of the registration.
The NCA encourages the general public to be patient as these measures are rapidly implemented. The National Communication Authority advises customers to complete stage one of the registration process. That is linking the Ghana Card with the SIM Card by dialling *404# before visiting the MNO customer care or agent. The NCA affirms that this will further reduce the time spent at the centres.
The NCA assured that they are working with the Ministry of Communication and Digitilisation (MoCD) and MNOs collaboratively to ensure the SIM registration process is enhanced.