Read List Of Properties Contained In The Will Of Late Sir John, Which Is Causing Controversies In Ghana
The late Mr. Kwadzo Owusu Afriyie, popular known as Sir John before his death, prepared a will for his relations.
Contained in the will are series of properties he willed to his families before he died, stating to the gifts for his relatives as “forever”.
The revelation about Sir John’s long list will is as a result of current controversies speculating around government of Ghana through forestry ministry selling and sharing public lands, thus Achimota forest.
However, government has denied the allegations that it has sold part of the forest, which belongs to Owoo family.
But, portions of the Will Sir John left disclosed, that when he was the head of Forestry Commission, he acquired part of the forest land. He then indicated in his will, sharing the land among his relatives, nephews, sisters etc., with a surprising caption, “forever”.
Below is the list of properties willed by the late Kwadzo Owusu Afriyie also known as Sir John.
1. House on plot number GA54480 located in Ogbojo, East Legon, and acquired on February 12, 2018.
2. House on plot number GA 55329 located at Oyarifa No. 2, acquired on May 11, 2018
House plot number GA 55475 located at Oyarifa No.1, acquired on September 27, 2017.
3. House on plot number GA 5881 located at Adjiringanor, Accra, (white House), acquired on August 7, 2019.
4. A 6-bedroom house located at Patangbe, Ogbojo, near East Legon.
5. A 4-bedroom house located in Mempeheusem, East Legon.
7. A 3-bedroom house on plot number TDA 4140 located in Mempehuesem, East Legon.
8. Another 3-bedroom house on plot number TDA 4140 located in Mempehuesem, East Legon.
9. A 4-bedroom house on plot number GA56838 located in East Legon and acquired on October 25, 2018.
10. A 5-bedroom house located in Sakora Wonoo.
11. A 4-storey building located in East Legon, with 10 apartments, each apartment consisting of 3-bedrooms; and five apartments, each consisting of two bedrooms.
1. Two plots of land located in Ahenema Kokoben in the Ashanti Region.
2. Two plots of land with registration number GA56921 located in Oyarifa, which were acquired on November 6, 2018.
3. A 5.541-acre land located in Achimota Forest held in the name of Jakaypros Limited.
4. A 0.987-acre land located in Achimota Forest held in the name of Fasoh Limited
5. Unspecified piece of land located in the Achimota Forest jointly owned with Charles Owusu.
6. An unspecified piece of land held in the name of DML located in the Achimota forest.
7. A 5.07-acre land at the Ramsar site, Sakumono.
8. Five plots of land located at Millenium city, Kasoa.
9. One plot of land with certificate number GA60802, located at Mempeheusem, East Legon, acquired on December 13, 2019.
10. Two plots of land approximately of 0.40acres located at No.7 ARS Lane, Ogbojo, near East legon.
11. One plot of land near the Chain Homes Estate at East Airport Hills.
12. A piece of land numbered plot 139 located within the Adentaman District (aka Aviation land).
1. Lexus LX570e
2. Ford Fusion
3. Lexus V6
4. Nissan Titan Pick Up V8
5. Mercedes Benz E68 Sport AMG
6. Honda Pilot V6
7. Honda Accord Sport
8. Toyota Landcruiser V8
9. Ford 150
10. Honda Accord 2.0 Touring
11. Toyota Rav 4, 2019 model
12. Chevrolet Cruze
13. Lexus Saloon Car, 2019 model
1. Five pump-action guns
1. National Investment Bank, account no. 1802092960501
2. CBG, account no. 0302239130003
3. GT Bank- in the name of Ruth Korkor Odonkor
4. GT Bank-in the name of Kwadwo Owusu Afriyie
5. Fidelity Bank, account no. 1060032907210
6. ADB, in the name of Jakaypros Limited
7. United States Bank, Wells Fargo, in the name of Kwadwo Owusu Afriyie
8. Canadian Bank Account, Royal Bank, in the name of Kwadwo Owusu Afriyie
1. ADB: Two million cedis (2,000,000.00), expected to mature in April 2020.
2. Two hundred and fifty thousand Ghana cedis (GHc 250,000) with NTHC which stood at GHc 303,720.22 as at July 31, 2019.
Joint ownership in gold production investment with:
4. Joint gold production investment with Francis Owusu.
1. Afriyie Memorial Hospital, located at Sakora Wonoo
1. A fuel Station located at Kentinkrono in the Ashanti region
2. Fuel tanker vehicles (25 in number)
3. One teak plantation located at Nkawie in the Ashanti Region
4. Rubber plantation located in the Eastern Region
5. Stalls located at the new Kejetia market, Kumasi (3 in number)
6. Farms at Ejura in the Ashanti Region.
Below is list of the will Sir John made to his relatives as sourced by The Fourth Estate;