READ: Overall Interventions Of Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa In 2021
Overall interventions of Hon. Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa in 2021 for North Tongu Constituency.
Hon. Okudzeto Ablakwa over the years have been outstanding member of Parliament (MP) for his constituency. He has initiated several projects in the country, especially in North Tongu.
In the year 2021, the MP has intervened in almost all sectors of development of North Tongu. In this blog, all the interventions initiated by the Member of Parliament are listed.
Below are summary of the interventions of Honorable Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa for North Tongu in 2021.
1. Donated a Combine harvester, power tiller & planters to rice farmers of Aveyime and beyond. Valued at over GHS600,000.00.
2. Donated a new salon vehicle to the longest serving midwife at the Battor Catholic Hospital.
3. Free cervical cancer screening for thousands of women after donating the latest screening equipment valued at GHS100,000.00.
4. Free eye screening, free surgeries and 10,000 free eye glasses.
5. Free Hospital bill payments for the vulnerable. About GHS250,000 paid to hospitals so far.
6. Expansion and provision of additional 80 beds to Children’s Ward at Battor Catholic Hospital.
7. MP’s support to tertiary students – 355 on scholarship.
8. Paid over 600 private school teachers due to COVID-19 induced school closures.
9. Paid over 200 staff of Musahamat Farms Ltd laid off due to the pandemic.
10. Financial support and Christmas packages for unpaid NABCO employees.
11. Helped set up the Tagadzi Polyclinic.
12. Constructing a new medical theatre block at Tagadzi Polyclinic. 95% complete.
13. Ordered medical equipment valued at US$300,000 for Tagadzi Polyclinic Theatre and other health facilities.
14. Operation Brighten Every Corner Phase ll(churches and schools version – 1,500 Street Light provided for free).
15. Donated over 300 Life jackets for all landing beaches in North Tongu.
16. Donated some 400 Wheel chairs to all physically challenged.
17. MP sponsored free checking of WASSCE results.
18. MP’s Furniture and Footwear Bank storing 5,000 pieces of furniture and 2,000 footwear for all year round distribution to end no furniture syndrome.
19. Donated laptops to all ICT teachers, Assembly Members, Circuit Supervisors, All Health Facilities and Security Agencies.
20. Signed an MoU with TIAST of China for the construction of a 6,000 tonne Cassava Starch Processing Factory. Will create over 2,000 jobs when completed in 2023.
That is all about the total interventions of MP for North Tongu, Hon. Okudzeto Ablakwa for the year 2021.